In response to the Policy Address 2020, MWYO submitted relevant policy recommendations in mid-September. To address the issue of rampant youth unemployment and alleviate the economic hardship of young workers, MWYO urges the Government to:
- Provide direct financial assistance for low-income young workers.
- Formulate a temporary unemployment benefit for young people.
- Increase spending in education and vocational training.
- Relieve the financial burden of loan repayment on young graduates.
- Subsidise local firms to create job opportunities in the Greater Bay Area.
- Offer wage subsidy for young people working in the Greater Bay Area.